Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Instead of yoga... try knitting

I have been reading lately about the benefits of knitting. I really became interested in it when someone made a comment to me about knitting making me less stressed. I thought about it and realized it truly does make me feel better. It's almost like I get lost in the "knitting zone" and just don't think about the other things that are going on in life.

So I thought to myself, I doubt it's just me that feels like this. I did a little bit of research online and found multiple articles that talked about knitting having the same benefits as yoga. It causes you to slow down and relax. It forces you to sit and focus on a goal that you are trying to accomplish. Learning something new in knitting and taking time to develop your talent also coincides with yoga. You are developing mental and physical skills and it is beneficial for your health.

Most importantly (for me anyways), it makes you take a break. So me getting into my "knitting zone" is really taking a break from all of the stressful things in my life.

I thought some of this information was interesting and thought I would pass some of the info onto you.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Katie,

    Knitting for me is certainly like a mini holiday, very relaxing and I am unable to dwell on things that may be stressful. A wonderful hobby! Love your site, thank you for the patterns and also the great educational articles!!

    Sincerely
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Glad you enjoy my blog!

    ReplyDelete