Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Twist Scarf

I love the twist design on this beautiful scarf! This is knit with a khaki colored cotton blend yarn that is perfect for summer. Although it is not quite finished, I plan on finishing it soon. This was originally going to be what I made my sister for her birthday. I ended up making her this wildly popular headband. Maybe I can save this for the next holiday where I need a quick gift.

Anyways, onto the pattern!

Twist Scarf

Cast on 28 stitches onto sz 9 needles.

Row 1: Knit to end

Row 2: K1, *Twist2, P1* repeat from * to * till end of row

Row 3: K1, P2, K1 till end of row

Continue to repeat rows 2 and 3 until scarf is desired length. Cast off.

Twis2 stitch: insert needle into 2 stitches as you would with a knit 2 together. Pull yarn through but do not take stitches off left needle. Stick left needle back into first(top) stitch wrap yarn over needle as you would a regular knit stitch and pull both stitches off left needle.

I know this stitch sounds slightly confusing. If you have any questions, comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment